Monday, March 14, 2016

Fixing Brow Wax??! | EYEBROW ROUTINE



My brow routine has been pretty steady ever since Cara Delevigne rocked her luscious brows and the phrase ‘on fleek’ became a thing. Since a week or two ago, however, a have been trying a little something new. I picked up a styling brow wax. After trying it for a while, I do get what they were getting at, but it does has some down sides. Anyways, let’s tackle those cons when we get there and start the routine. 
Catrice Eyebrow Pencil - Date With Ash-ton
To start off, I brush my brows upwards with a spoolie so I can see the actual shape of my brows. I then take an eyebrow pencil and fil in my brows where they are a bit spare. For me this means I fill them in on the front and a teeny tiny bit where the arches of my brows should be.

Catrice Fixing Brow Wax - 030 Choco Mademoiselle
Once I’m satisfied with how they look, I secure them. This is where the styling brow wax comes in. And, to be honest, it doesn’t do what it says it will. It sticks your brows down for a little while, but they don’t last too long. For instance, when I only have to run an errand, I’ll be fine. But, when I have had a full day of school and look in the mirror upon arriving back home, my eyebrows will have dropped at the ends (like in the first photo). It is true though that the one I use is a cheap drugstore one. But then again, I’ve never had any problems with brow products from the drugstore. So, this shouldn’t really be a problem.

One thing I do really like about it is the texture it gives to my brows. The products clings to the hairs of your brows and not to your skin. Because of this, it looks more natural.


Maybelline Brow Drama - Medium Brown
To finish of my brows, I use a brow mascara. This actually does keep my brows in shape until I take my makeup of at night. The one I’m using, Maybelline’s Brow Drama (Medium Brown), is also not too crispy. This can be a turnoff in a brow mascara or gel since it’s pretty annoying when you tend to make crazy facial expressions like I do.


So my conclusion on the brow wax. Good idea, get what you were getting at… but not that good of an execution I must say. I guess it could be a fun extra step in your makeup routine when you have a little more time to get ready. But overall, I think I’ll just stick with my brow mascara.

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This